Kids for Wish Kids
Get your class, school or group together to make a difference in the life of a child
The Blues and UMB Bank have teamed up to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Missouri’s Kids for Wish Kids Program. The program is designed for schools, churches and youth organizations to discover the power of philanthropy by selecting their own fundraising project and managing it from start to finish, with assistance from their parents, teachers or community leaders. Students develop leadership skills, build self-esteem and learn about teamwork while working towards a final goal, making a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds.
Blues Defensemen Kevin Shattenkirk has also volunteered to be the spokesperson for this program in hopes to help children of Missouri learn and execute the objectives of the Kids For Wish Kids program below.
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish® Missouri
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes for children through Make-A-Wish® Missouri
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create community spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- To learn more about the Kids For Wish Kids program, download the Kids For Wish Kids Action Pack, or check out the video below.
For more information please contact St. Louis and Eastern Missouri at (314)-721-9474.