14 Fund Donations
The St. Louis Blues 14 Fund, the charitable trust of the St. Louis Blues, has a mission to positively impact programs and services that improve health and wellness of youth in the St. Louis area. The trust was created in 1998 to honor former Blues player Doug Wickenheiser, No. 14, who passed away in 1999 after a long battle with cancer.
The St. Louis Blues and the Blues 14 Fund continue to be committed to the causes of charitable organizations throughout the St. Louis area. Thanks to the commitment of Blues players, alumni, volunteers and fans, the St. Louis Blues 14 Fund has contributed more than $3 million to the St. Louis community. In keeping with our goals and those of the Blues14 Fund, the St. Louis Blues only donate to 501(c)3 organizations that benefit cancer care and awareness, health and wellness, education and youth hockey services provided to children and families.
The St. Louis Blues and the Blues 14 Fund receive hundreds of requests for in-kind support each month. We are proud to assist as many 501c3 organizations as possible. Due to the significant number of requests we receive, we ask that organizations meet the criteria below and follow the correct procedures. In an effort to conserve paper and ensure maximum efficiency, we only accept requests via our online request form. The following request policy has been developed as a way to create consistency and fairness to organizations that seek support in the St. Louis Community. At this time, we are not able to accommodate any requests outside of the Greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area.
Criteria for organizations requesting any type of donation:
Does your organization fall under one of the four areas of giving the Blues 14 Fund focuses on for youth in the St. Louis area?
- Cancer Care & Awareness
- Health & Wellness
- Youth Hockey
- Organizations are limited to one request per year (July 1 to June 30 fiscal year)
- Organizations must be based in the state of Missouri and within a 75 mile radius of the Scottrade Center
- Requests must be submitted with the organization’s 501c3 state issued number
- Requests will only be considered if sent at least six weeks in advance
- Requests must be submitted through our online system. Requests submitted via email, fax, mail, drop-offs or phone will NOT be considered
- Submission of application does not guarantee a donation. Donations are fulfilled at the discretion of St. Louis Blues and the Blues 14 Fund and are based on item inventory.
- Third party requests or organizational campaigns (i.e. American Cancer Society, Alzheimer’s Association, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, etc.) as we support these types of organizations on a corporate level
- Individual participation fundraisers (walk-a-thons, Team-in-Training, Relay for Life, etc.)
- In-kind donations offered for raffles, prizes or incentives
- Recreational activities (field trips, graduation nights, etc.)
- Travel funds, conferences, seminars and workshops *We work with hockey related expenses through our grant program.
- Political or religious groups
- Organizations that may in any way conflict with the goals, programs or any affiliations of the St. Louis Blues or Blues 14 Fund
- We do not accept personal items mailed in or dropped off for signatures of players and/or coaches.
To fill out our Donation Request form, please Click Here.
The St. Louis Blues and the Blues 14 Fund look forward to serving our community. We wish all organizations best of luck with their charitable endeavors and thank you for making a difference in our community.
The Blues offer many ticket fundraising opportunities. If your organization is interested in learning more about these opportunities please contact Tim Thurber at 314-613-1885 for school related requests, Kaitie Edmiston at 314-622-2512 for non-profit related requests, or Matt Suda at 314-622-2541 for youth hockey related requests.