Ratings Reach All-Time High On FS Midwest
Viewership for the Blues during Regular Season and Round 1 was strong
Thursday, 04.26.2012 / 10:46 AM / St Louis Blues - News
Fox Sports Midwest
Television viewership for St. Louis Blues hockey reached an all-time high on FOX Sports Midwest during the 2011-12 regular season and Western Conference Quarterfinals. See below for Blues ratings facts and figures.
- Regular season games on FOX Sports Midwest averaged a 3.5 household rating in 2011-12 in the St. Louis DMA, up 14 percent from the previous high of 3.1 set last season.
- Four of the five highest-rated regular season Blues games on FOX Sports Midwest happened this season.
- The March 13 game at Chicago was the highest-rated regular season game in FOX Sports Midwest’s 17 seasons of Blues broadcasts.
- Blues local market TV ratings ranked fifth among U.S.-based NHL teams.
- Blues Live pregame ratings rose 4 percent and postgame increased 42 percent.
Stanley Cup Playoffs
- The Blues five-game series vs. San Jose averaged a 9.7 rating on FOX Sports Midwest.
- The Blues Game 3 win at San Jose was the highest-rated Blues telecast ever on FOX Sports Midwest, generating an 11.0 rating.
- Saturday’s Game 5 generated a 9.8. The Blues Live postgame show followed with an impressive 4.9 from 9:15-10 p.m.
- On Saturday (April 21/Game 5) FOX Sports Midwest’s prime time average of 9.0 was higher than the combined prime time averages of KMOV, KSDK and KTVI (combined 8.4).