• He was named the Most Outstanding Goaltender of the 2011 Memorial Cup, posting a 1-2 record with a tournament-best goals-against-average of 1.42 and save percentage of .951. He also posted the only shutout of the tournament with 29 saves as part of a 5-0 win over the Kootenay Ice.
• Binnington was the third goalie to appear in the Ontario Hockey League championship for Owen Sound; he stole two games for the Attack posting a goals-against-average of 1.94 and a .943 save percentage. Facing elimination in the series, he made 41 saves in game six, including 14 in the third period and 25 saves in the 3-2 game seven overtime win.
• A Richmond Hill, Ontario native, he is playing in his second OHL season for the Attack. He had a 27-12-1-4 record in 46 games with one shutout in 2010-11, posting a 3.05 goals-against-average and a .899 save percentage.
• Binnington got his start in hockey at the age of five and played his minor hockey for the Vaughan Kings. He credits his dad, John, for having a big influence on his career for always being encouraging and motivational.
• His most embarrassing hockey moment was appearing on the misplays of the week after a mix-up with his defenseman resulted in a goal. The one thing he wants people to know about him is that he is an ultimate fighter away from the rink.
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL player: Marc-Andre Fleury
Shootout move: “Toe Drag”
Goal celebration: “Brush the ice”
Video game: NHL 2011
Movie: Step Brothers
TV show: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Actor: Will Ferrell
Music artist: Kid Cudi
Pump-up song: “Black and Yellow” by Wiz Khalifa
Home-cooked meal: Pasta with chicken
Activity away from the rink: NHL 2011