• Winther ranked second on Prince Albert with 32 goals and fourth on the team with 56 points during the 2011-12 season.
• In 2010-11, Winther recorded 10 points in 61 games for the Raiders after being selected sixth overall in the Western Hockey League’s 2009 bantam draft.
• Winther and fellow 2012 NHL Draft prospect Mathew Dumba helped lead Team Pacific to a bronze medal at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Championship – Winther recorded three goals during the tournament, including one in the bronze-medal game.
• In 2009-10, Winther led the Airdrie Xtreme to the Western Canadian Bantam championship after the team captured the regular-season title. He recorded 11 points (5-6--11) in the championship tournament and was named the tournament’s top scorer, forward and all-star center.
• Hockey is big in Winther’s family. His maternal grandfather, the late Ken Yoos, was a draft pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, but never played an NHL game. His two brothers, Justin and Ty, also play hockey.
• Because of his hometown’s (Trochu, Alberta) remote location, Winther had to commute for nearly an hour to get to his team’s rinks during bantam and midget.
Backhand toe drag and shoot five hole
: Fist pump
: Oil Change
“For Whom the Bell Tolls” – Metallica
Steak and potatoes
Activity away from the rink:
Golf, baseball, hunting, fishing