Report for the Week Ending Feb. 10
The Rivermen dropped all three games they played last week against division rivals Chicago, Rockford and Milwaukee.
Feb. 5 – 4-3 OTL at Chicago
Darren Haydar earned a hat trick and Bill Sweatt notched the game-winner in Chicago’s 4-3 overtime win over the Rivermen on Tuesday afternoon. T.J. Hensick, Phil McRae and Evgeny Grachev tallied Peoria’s goals. Mike McKenna allowed four goals on 21 shots, while the Rivermen outshot the Wolves 23-21 in the game. Peoria went 1-for-7 on the power play.
Feb. 8 – 4-2 L vs. Rockford
The Rivermen didn’t trail until the third period, but ultimately lost to the Rockford IceHogs 4-2 on Friday night at Carver Arena. Chris Porter scored on the power play and Tyler Shattock added a shorthanded goal for Peoria. Kyle Beach scored twice and Jimmy Hayes scored the game-winning goal early in the third period. Mike McKenna made 27 saves in a losing effort. Both teams scored once on the man advantage.
Feb. 10 – 1-0 L at Milwaukee
Mark Van Guilder scored the game’s only goal early in the first period in Milwaukee’s 1-0 blanking of the Rivermen on Sunday. The Rivermen outshot the Admirals 13-7 in the third frame, and 30-25 in the game, but couldn’t score a goal on Magnus Hellberg. Neither team was able to score on the power play.
- When scoring the first goal, the Rivermen are just 8-9-2-1 this season.
- Jeff Woywitka has one assist in five games since rejoining Peoria.
- Cody Beach leads the club with a +/- rating of 9. D-man Brent Regner is second with a +/- rating of 8.
- Derek Nesbitt leads the Rivermen with 131 shots on goal. T.J. Hensick is the only other player in the triple digits, with 100 shots.
- The Rivermen now have a record of 20-21-4-2.
The Rivermen will begin a six-game home stand on Wednesday against the Rockford IceHogs. Games can be heard on CD Country 107.9 FM. For game updates follow @rivsgameday on Twitter.