Report for the Week Ending Jan. 6
The Peoria Rivermen dropped all three contests they played last weekend, losing to the San Antonio Rampage twice and the Texas Stars once, all on the road.
Jan. 4 - 3-0 L at San Antonio
Jacob Markstrom made 26 saves in San Antonio’s 3-0 blanking of the Rivermen on Friday night at the AT&T Center. Mike McKenna made 19 saves on 22 shots in the losing effort. Peoria went 0-for-3 on the power play, but did not allow the Rampage to score on seven man-advantage opportunities.
Jan. 5 - 5-2 L at Texas
Third period goals by Brent Regner and Adam Cracknell cut the Stars’ lead in half in the third period, but it was not enough Saturday night in a 5-2 loss to the Texas Stars. Texas scored four goals in the first two periods of the contest. Cracknell scored at the 3:43 mark from T.J. Hensick and Derek Nesbitt to make the score 4-1. Regner’s goal at 11:08 of the third came shorthanded. The Rivermen outshot the Stars 38-35 on the night.
Jan. 6 – 5-2 L at San Antonio
The Rivermen and the Rampage traded two goals each in the opening two frames, but San Antonio scored three unanswered goals in the third period to hand Peoria a 5-2 loss Sunday afternoon. Derek Nesbitt and Phil McRae scored goals for the Rivermen. Jake Allen stopped 24 of 28 in the loss. Peoria went 0-for-5 on the man advantage.
- T.J. Hensick’s assist on Sunday gave him his 300th AHL point. It was Hensick’s 280th game played.
- Chris Bruton leads the team currently in PIM with 55. Anthony Peluso is second with 54.
- Mike McKenna has a .918 save percentage in 12 games played while Jake Allen has a .900 save percentage in 24 contests.
- Jaden Schwartz and Ian Cole were healthy scratches for Sunday’s game after the announcement of a tentative agreement on a new CBA.
- Peoria has now lost six straight games on the road. They have a record of 14-17-2-2.
The Rivermen will play three games next weekend, starting with a contest at home against the Milwaukee Admirals on Friday.Games can be heard on CD Country 107.9 FM. For game updates follow @rivsgameday on Twitter.