Report for the Week Ending Nov. 18
The Peoria Rivermen continued their dominance against Illinois teams last week with a win against the Rockford IceHogs and two wins against the Chicago Wolves. Peoria now has a record of 5-7-2-1.
Nov. 14 – W 5-4 at Rockford
T.J. Hensick had a four-point night and Jake Allen made a season-high 40 saves in Peoria’s 5-4 win over the Rockford IceHogs (Chicago Blackhawks) Wednesday night. Jaden Schwartz, Anthony Peluso, Derek Nesbitt, Phil McRae and Hensick all tallied goals in a victory that snapped a seven-game winless streak for the Rivermen. It was also Peoria’s first win on the road. Martin St. Pierre and Peter LeBlanc both scored shorthanded goals for Rockford. Peoria went 1-for-4 on the power play while being outshot 44-25.
Nov. 16 – OTW 3-2 vs. Chicago
Phil McRae netted his second goal of the game in overtime to lead the Rivermen to a 3-2 win over the Chicago Wolves (Vancouver Canucks) Friday night at Carver Arena. Evgeny Grachev also scored in regulation in Peoria’s second victory against Chicago this season. Jake Allen stopped 35 shots in another strong outing for the Rivermen goaltender. Peoria scored a power-play goal for a fifth straight game, going 1-for-3. The Wolves outshot the Rivermen 37-30.
Nov. 17 – W 3-2 at Chicago
Saturday night in Chicago, Peoria extended its winning streak to three games in a 3-2 victory. T.J. Hensick, Sebastien Wannstrom, and Sergey Andronov scored goals. Andronov, who also had an assist, netted the game-winner in the third period. Jake Allen allowed two goals on 27 shots in his fifth win of the regular season. Both Peoria and Chicago finished the game 0-for-3 on the power play.
- Ian Cole has put up 5 points (1G, 4A) in his last six games after failing to get a point in his first nine contests.
- After another big week, T.J. Hensick leads the Rivermen in points with 17 (5G, 12A). Those 17 points are tied for third in the entire AHL behind only Oklahoma City’s (Edmonton) Justin Schultz (21) and Jordan Eberle (19).
- Jake Allen has started in goal for the Rivermen in 13 of the first 15 games of the season. His 772 minutes played and his 370 saves are second most in the AHL behind Rochester’s (Buffalo) David Leggio.
- Allen has posted a record of 3-3-0-1 at home with a 2.66 goals-against average and 0.916 save-percentage. He is 2-2-2-0 on the road with a 4.01 GAA and 0.876 save percentage.
- After scoring a power play goal in five straight games, the Rivermen now have a power-play success rate of 11.5%. Their penalty kill is currently at 78.5%.
- Peoria’s penalty kill is a perfect 9-for-9 during their three-game winning streak.
- The Rivermen are 5-2-1-0 in games against the other four teams in the Midwest Division (Chicago, Rockford, Milwaukee, Grand Rapids) but just 0-5-1-1 against the rest of the Western Conference.
The Rivermen will visit the Rockford IceHogs Wednesday night before they return home to face Milwaukee and Grand Rapids on Friday and Saturday. Games can be heard on CD Country 107.9 FM. For game updates follow @rivsgameday on Twitter.